Monday, February 2, 2009

Lottery Ticket engagement?


This would probably actually be really cool for a couple who likes to do scratch off lottery tickets, you could even hide it amongst real ones. Or maybe it's really lame. I think the thing for the people proposing is that hopefully you know what kind of humor they have and what is important to them, and you do something that reflects the two of you. If your sig fig (my term for significant other) hates crowds don't propose in a busy restaurant or on new years eve in NYC. If they are super close to their family and share everything and you've become a part of their family or they have become a huge part of yours then maybe you can propose in front of them. If they aren't crazy about the beach don't propose at the beach.

As for me, we got engaged as soon as I pulled up the driveway at his parents house the day I moved from NC to AL. (I stopped halfway so it was after a 4 hour drive). He urged me to hurry and get out (it'd been about 2 weeks since we'd seen each other and that seemed like forever so that in itself wasn't indicative of what was to come, just normal), and I didn't even turn the car off, just got out and he said "I can't wait any longer, will you marry me?" as he got down on one knee and opened the box and of course I said yes and we were mushy and I was jittery from the excitement of moving and seeing him and getting engaged! So I turned the car off, he put the ring on my finger and we tried to get his family to notice the ring. It was great, and we had a very nice dinner with ridiculously great lobster tails (at Ocean, if you're from Bham you might know it), and some port his dad had been saving since Garrett was born (we celebrated his grandparent's 50th anniversary, his graduation, and our engagement all at once). And I got to see how sparkly diamond rings are in restaurants. I feel so mushy now.

But anyway, it [the proposal] was perfect and the ring is exactly what I wanted and I am tres excited to be starting our life here in Birmingham!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails