Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We're getting there


I still have tons to do but things are coming together and in no time we'll be married! It's funny, we're going to be headed to the Dominican Republic in November and I don't think I'll have a new passport by then (since they take forever to make new passports) so do I wait to get my name changed? I'm sure I can find that out really easily if I look online, so when I do I'll report back. 


Ok, reporting back. As long as your tickets match your passport (both of mine will be in my maiden name for that trip) you're okay. Because they don't check additional identification. 



I bought some crest whitestrips to touch up my smile. I always use the cheapest kit and this time I sprang for the premium (and I got 2 for the price of one, $30). I've never had my teeth professionally whitened and the whitestrips do a good job. I don't like doing them twice a day, so my 7 day kit may take me longer. And I'm not sure what to do with the other kit unless Garrett decides he wants to try it. So, if you want it, and he doesn't, we'll make that happen.



Working out every day has been going well so far. Garrett said my arms look muscular which is exciting. Especially since I only use 5 pound dumbells. I cut out french fries/fried things and fatty desserts (I did have some much needed TCBY last night) a few weeks ago and I think that plus the running is doing its job. I've also been using jergen's skin firming lotion which uses the magical powers of seaweed to get rid of cellulite. I'm not sure how much it works, since I've been trying to get rid of the cellulite by exercising too, but I've been using it faithfully for a few weeks and either way I'm pleased.



In other news, I'm meeting with Bryan Johnson of A Bryan Photo today to talk business. I attended their workshop a few months ago and it was so motivational and fun! And now that I'm really out there on my own in the real world I can really put it all to practice. It's just insanely scary and growing up around my self-employed parents has me wary of the responsibility involved. Garrett's dad owns his own business as well so maybe we're both meant for it genetically. As long as I'm not meant to take over newspapers, we're good to go.

What's up in your world?

2 comments:

  1. I'm using Fit Flops in hope I miraculously gain muscle tone, haha.

    We're also using White Strips too! Well he is and I'm using Rembrandt whitening. How are they working out for you?

    The wedding is soon so we're going a little crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I was just fb-stalking a friend of mine and read a wall post where his sister was talking about going to a wedding in the DR and invited him to go with her...i'm sure its not the same one, but that would be neat.
    also i am looking into this magical skin firming lotion. if it works, i need it on my body asap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails