Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dash, Pinch, Smidgen Local Features!

Megan of Southern Femme. photo by kelly cummings.

Now that my wedding(s) are over I'm feeling a huge draw to provide something for other brides and people in Birmingham. I found it really frustrating that after moving to such a big city (compared to where I'm from, I get that most people do not consider Birmingham to be a big city), so few brides are blogging and planning online!

I've also been frustrated that most of the resources available are cookie cutter websites with no real personal element besides a place for vendors to encourage clients to leave reviews. Weddings are so personal and relationships with vendors and sellers should be too! So, I will be combining interviews, product, and vendor features for Birmingham businesses of interest. Businesses with relevance to weddings will take priority, but etsy sellers from the area and other creative businesses will be considered as well.

Another fun project is underway, Spindle Photography (my photography business) is teaming up with Southern Femme (fashion blog here in Birmingham) to feature local clothing retailers and boutiques!

If you have local favorites, suggestions, or you are a business interested in being featured, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails