Monday, January 18, 2010

Going Postal

I made some pretty amazing discoveries lately that have changed my life for the better.




1. My local grocery store, Western, carries stamps. Not in the cutest varieties, but I'm not gonna hate on the liberty bell.

2. The downtown Birmingham post office on 24th st stays open until 8 pm. Now that's just crazy talk! No more freaking out at 4:45 for me!

3. At this same magical downtown location, if you are paying with credit or debit you can buy postage for packages with an automated machine (and reg stamps) so there is no need to wait in line to deal with a less than happy and likely-to-go-postal postal worker. I was informed of this magic machine by a postal worker,  clearly displeased with the growing line of impatient folks.

Life changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails