Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our Wedding: Photobooth

Ahh yes, the photobooth. I had been looking at photobooths since before we got engaged and it was one of my big must haves early on. I was willing to splurge to rent one, even. Enter mad amounts of stress that made me want to abandoned all of it, except for the part where Garrett and I would be married.

Just for FYI's sake, my photographers (who are also friends of mine) set up the booth for me and hired someone to press the button. We discussed remotes but I just know someone would've accidentally dropped it into their pocket. Plus, drunk people going to check and see how the pictures are turning out = disaster. We limited the hours on the photo booth so our poor photo servant could go home at some point. We were hoping for a legitimate backdrop holder but it didn't arrive before our date. I don't think anyone really noticed/cared. And now I have the yellow fabric for future projects, which is pretty special.















I don't have much to say about it, except lessons learned for future brides. Create a sign to direct guests to your photobooth, let your DJ know in advance to announce it, several times. If you are doing it yourself, make sure to order too much fabric, it's better than not enough. And if possible, have a handout to let guests know where they can see the images later. I say all of these things because I didn't do them. And while I really love the images we did get, most guests didn't know about the photo booth since it was in a separate room at our venue. Signs are great. Make signs.

3 comments:

  1. So fun! Love the picture of you and your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how adorable this is and how cute a couple you and your husband make. Congrats! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Lovely pictures, too. And good advice for the future. No wedding in my immediate future, but I'll definitely file this away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails